Environmental and sustainability efforts
Our hotel is awarded with the international ecolabel Green Key. We are actively working with environmental and sustainability issues, by following Green Key’s comprehensive criteria. In this way, as our guest, you help to take responsibility for the environment without compromising your experience or convenience during your stay.
Green Key is awarded to tourism establishments that fulfill environmental and social sustainability criteria within 13 different areas. Here are examples of our efforts:
- We use energy from renewable sources, energy-saving lighting and have routines for reducing the energy consumption from heating and ventilation.
- We have taken steps to reduce water consumption.
- We sort and recycle our waste as well as our guests’ waste.
- We use ecolabelled cleaning products.
- We offer our guests vegetarian and organic alternatives.
- Our staff are involved and receives annual education within the field of sustainability.
- We work to continuously improve our efforts by formulating annual goals.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions on how to improve our environmental work. Your opinion is important to us.
ABOUT GREEN KEY
Green Key is an international ecolabel within the tourism and hospitality industry and present in more than 50 countries worldwide. The label is internationally managed by Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) who is partnered by some of the world’s foremost organizations within the fields of environment and education, such as UNEP, UNESCO and the World Tourism Organization.
The ecolabel is nationally operated by the organization Green Key Sweden and all Green Key establishments must be approved by an independent jury. All establishments are also checked through frequent audits, to ensure the compliance of the criteria.
You will find more information about Green Key at www.greenkey.global and www.greenkey.se.